- provides an easy way for residents to donate belongings they no longer need or want;
- makes quality, used items available to community members at inexpensive prices;
- reduces the tons of trash that would otherwise litter the streets and end up in the county landfill;
- makes the Isla Vista community substantially cleaner and safer;
- educates tenants about their responsibilities to their own community;
- creates an opportunity for community members to volunteer;
- generates funds for Isla Vista non-profits and community projects that enhance the quality of life for residents of Isla Vista!
Don’t miss this opportunity to reduce, reuse and recycle,
and generate a spirit of giving to the community!
Since 1990, GIVE has accepted donations of unwanted and reusable clothing, books, furniture, household furnishings, kitchenware, canned and packaged foods, and miscellaneous items during Isla Vista and UCSB’s annual move-out time in June. The donations are sold at a giant sale and the proceeds benefit organizations and projects that improve the quality of life in Isla Vista.
Each year over 100 volunteers (UCSB students and local community) receive, organize, and sort all donations in preparation for a huge GIVE sale. One hundred percent of the proceeds are distributed to Isla Vista non-profits and projects that benefit the Isla Vista community.
KEYT: Students Move Out Of Isla Vista
Students Donate Used Furniture, Clothing and Electronics for Charity!
- 138 volunteers donated 1,314 hours of their time to benefit our community!
- GIVE distributed over $37,000 to 12 local programs!
- GIVE donated 1,219pounds of canned food to the Associated Students Food Bank!
- GIVE recycled 324 pounds of e-waste through AS Recycling!
- GIVE received 30 tons of donated items that were saved from the landfill!