To be considered for funding events must be:
- Sponsored by a registered OSL student organization or Associated Students entity
- Social, recreational or entertainment-based
- Scheduled for a Thursday, Friday or Saturday
- Scheduled to begin in the late night hours (after 9:00 p.m.)
- Open to the entire UCSB student population at a low cost amount or free
- Held in a public venue, on campus or in Isla Vista
- Alcohol-free or non alcohol centered
- The UCSB After Dark Advisory Committee meets weekly. After a review of the application
by the MacPherson Social Programming Intern, the student group representative is
contacted and invited to the next committee meeting to present and discuss the application
with the committee. The student organization will be notified of funding decision
within two days.
- Acknowledge After Dark as a co-sponsor on all publicity and promotional materials
(click here for link to logo and sample acknowledgements).
- Awards are intended to supplement funds obtained from other campus funding sources.
- Awards are designed to defray partial – not full – costs of the event.
- Award amounts vary but may extend to $1000 or more for events scheduled after 9:00 p.m.
- Monies will not be granted for the purchasing of equipment, costumes or certain prizes.
- A copy of an overall event budget is required as part of the application process.
- Student organizations are eligible for After Dark awards once per quarter, excluding
- A representative from the organization must be available to meet with the UCSB After Dark Advisory Committee to clarify the proposal and answer questions. Meeting dates and times may vary each quarter. The student organization will be notified of funding approval within two days.
- The organization’s representative is required to contact Coleen Sears, the OSL Student Organization Accountant, immediately after receiving award approval to obtain information regarding access to UCSB After Dark funds. Use of the approved funds follows the established student organization accounting procedures.
- Unused funds will be returned annually to the general UCSB After Dark Late Nite Social Programming Fund$ account.
- Acceptance of UCSB After Dark funds requires the student organization to complete
an evaluation form within one calendar month after the sponsored event. The evaluation
form may be accessed at the Office of Student Life web site at On-line forms.
Copyright © 2007 The Regents of the University of California, All Rights Reserved.