The UCSB After Dark Weekend Calendar
Apply To Be The John L. Macpherson, Jr.
Social Programming Intern For 2009-2010!
The UCSB After Dark Weekend Calendar is a UCSB weekly entertainment guide highlighting
Thursday, Friday and Saturday night events happening on campus, around Isla Vista
and in the communities of Goleta and Santa Barbara. It appears as a half-page ad
in the Daily Nexus most Thursdays throughout the academic year. In addition to appearing
in the Nexus, an 11x17 poster-size UCSB After Dark Weekend Calendar is posted at
various locations including campus kiosks, OSL sandwich boards (located in the Arbor
and in front of the University Center) and residence hall bulletin boards. The calendar
which features alcohol-free and non-alcohol centered events is also accessible online
The advertisement is provided as a resource to students and is supported by the
Office of Student Life fee initiative funds.
The After Dark calendar offers student organizations, campus departments and community
businesses holding events the opportunity to submit them to the weekly calendar.
The calendar is a quick, easy and free way to reach a large audience of UCSB students.
Student groups are encouraged to utilize this valuable resource. Events which are
co-sponsored and funded by UCSB After Dark Late Nite Social Programming Fund$ are
automatically included in the calendar.
Submissions must be sent via e-mail to the MacPherson Social Programming Intern
at the Office of Student Life at MacPherson.Intern@sa.ucsb.edu
one week in advance. See the UCSB After Dark Weekend Calendar Guidelines below for
UCSB After Dark Weekend Calendar
- Who: List the sponsoring club, organization, department or business
(Include a contact name, e-mail address and phone number)
- What: List appropriate category and provide a small description of the event Categories:
- Events: ceremony, festival, reception, etc
- Arts & Entertainment: film, music, theater, dance, etc.
- Sports & Recreation: athletics, physical activities, etc.
- Education: lecture, workshop, etc.
- Meeting: student-oriented, political, civic, etc.
- Where: List the specific location of the event; include street address if appropriate
- When: List the day, date and time; must be on a Thurs, Fri or Sat night after 6pm
- How: E-mail submissions to the MacPherson Intern in the Office of Student Life at
Listings must be submitted at least one week prior to each Thursday’s issue in order
to be included in the After Dark calendar which appears each Thursday in the Daily
Nexus. Questions? Call 893-6094.
Please note: The UCSB After Dark Weekend Calendar features alcohol-free and non-alcohol-centered
events. Due to space limitations, submission does not guarantee placement in the
weekly ad. The Office of Student Life (OSL) provides this advertisement as a resource
for students and campus organizations and is supported by OSL student fee funds.