- The seven miles of bikeways on or adjacent to the UCSB campus are used by an estimated 14,000 cyclists daily.
- Each year, the UCSB dining commons serves 1,092,840 glasses of milk and 40,000 chocolate chip cookies.
- Some famous UCSB alumni include Michael Douglas (actor), Bob Ballard (chief scientist on the team that discovered the Titanic), Benjamin Bratt (actor), Jack Johnson (musician), Jason Lezak (Gold Medalist, swimming, 2008 Olympics) and Todd Rodgers (Gold Medalist, Volleyball, 2008 Olympics).
Learn more fun facts about the campus, including the mascot,school colors, distinctions and renowned faculty.
POINTS OF PRIDE
- UC Santa Barbara ranks among higher-education leaders in the U.S and Canada as one of only 62 research-intensive institutions elected to membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities.
- The UCSB Libraries have opened up the world of historic sound recordings by mounting thousands of digitized cylinder recordings on an immensely popular new Web site.
- UCSB marine scientists played a key role in developing Ocean in Google Earth, which enables users to dive beneath the sea in Marine Protected Areas worldwide.
Visit the points of pride Web site to learn more about UCSB's distinguished programs and commitment to excellence and innovation.
VIRTUAL TOUR OF UCSB
Take a virtual tour to learn more about UCSB and get a feel for the campus. The tour consists of 360 degree panoramic views of many points of interest in around UCSB.