Don’t miss this opportunity to reduce, reuse and recycle, and generate a spirit of giving to the community!
Since 1990, GIVE has accepted donations of unwanted and reusable clothing, books, furniture, household furnishings, kitchenware, canned and packaged foods, and miscellaneous items during Isla Vista and UCSB’s annual move-out time in June. The donations are sold at a giant sale and the proceeds benefit organizations and projects that improve the quality of life in Isla Vista.
Each year over 150 volunteers (UCSB students and local community) receive, organize, and sort all donations in preparation for a huge GIVE sale. One hundred percent of the proceeds are distributed to Isla Vista non-profits and projects that benefit the Isla Vista community
- 166 volunteers donated 1,563.5 hours of their time to benefit our community!
- GIVE distributed over $27,000 to 14 local programs!
- GIVE donated 2,373 items of canned food to the Associated Students Food Bank!
- GIVE received 25.3 tons of donated items that were saved from the landfill!
- 8,386.6 pounds of clothing were sold or recycled
- 3,974 pounds of electronics were sold or recycled
- 8,071.8 pounds of household items were sold or recycled
- 3,115.2 pounds of furniture were sold or recycled
- 1,204 pounds of books were sold or recycled
- and nearly 150 bikes were sold
Read the article from KEYT
In 2017, make yours a ZERO WASTE MOVE-OUT!
Big sale: Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18 from 8 AM – 4 PM