US Bank Corporate Card - FAQ's

Is my account ready to use when I receive my card?

No. You will need to call US Bank Customer Service at 1.800.344.5696 to activate your card. After it is activated it is ready for use. At this point it is recommended to go online and register your account to utilize AccessOnline so you can view account activity and access your statements.


Whose responsibility is it to pay the bill?

It is the employees' responsibility to submit the required reimbursement documentation at the end of each travel or entertainment occurrence in order to process the payment on time. Do not wait for the bill to submit your required reimbursement documentation.


On what date does my statement generate?

Your account cycles on the 25th of each month at which time a statement is produced.


Is it important to reconcile / review my account each month?

Yes. You should review your account monthly, at the very least, to check for accuracy and to alert the Admin Unit for assistance, if needed.


When will a late fee be applied to my account?

A late fee will be applied when payment in full is not received after 60 days. At 60 days past due a late fee of 2.5% will be applied to the outstanding balance and the card will be suspended. US Bank notifies UCSB Accounting of your account suspension. At 90 days past due there will be another 2.5% late fee applied and the card will be closed. US Bank notifies USCB Accounting that your account is closed. If your account is delinquent or closed too often, US Bank can permanently close your account and you will be prohibited from using a corporate card for the foreseeable future. This will result in the need for you to obtain Cash Advances for events/ entertainment and Travel Advances for travel needs. Advances take time to process so often times you may need to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed later. This is why it is important to review your account on a regular basis and submit reimbursements asap.

What if I do not recognize a charge or need more information about a charge on my statement?

Refer to the back of your statement for billing inquiries/ problems or questions. US Bank must hear from you no later than 60 days from the original statement date on which the charge in question appeared. Be sure to keep records of all discussions, including the name of the Customer Service Representative.


What happens after I have notified US Bank of a dispute?

After US Bank has received notification, they will suspend the amount in question. While US Bank is conducting their investigation, you do not need to pay the amount of the charge which is in dispute. However, you are obligated to pay the entire balance of the charges that are not in question.


What if my US Bank Corporate Card is lost or stolen?

Immediately call US Bank Customer Service at 1.800.344.5696 A report will be filed and a new card with a new account number will be issued. Next, you need to notify your supervisor and the Admin Unit. When your new card arrives notify the Admin Unit so we can update our records with the new last 4 digits of your corporate card which is used when reviewing your travel & entertainment reimbursements.


What do I do if my card gets declined?

If your card gets declined and you've tried it a couple times, call Customer Service at 1.800.344.5696 and they will ask you some questions about the type of vendor/merchant you are trying to pay. They may even ask for your location. Often times, the type of vendor/merchant or your location is coded a certain way in their system which sets off red flags, for your protection.

The customer service representative will review your account and will walk you through what they will need in order to manually authorize the charge if it meets their approval criteria. Per Annette Gonzales (UCSB corporate card accounts manager) all corporate cardholders are on "travel status" when traveling which means there is no limit on the corporate cards. This is to ensure little to no declines. However, if your account is past due then US Bank has the right to limit your spending until your account is made current.

What do I do if I have a credit on my corporate card?

If you have a credit on your card notify the Admin Unit and provide any supporting documentation and information that they request of you. They will gather any other pertinent information needed and will get the credit reversed by coordinating with Annette Gonzales (UCSB corporate card accounts manager). The length of time it takes for the credit to disappear from your account varies depending on Accounting and US Bank. The normal timeline is 4-6 weeks.


Can I pay for other peoples' expenses with my corporate card?

No. Staff should have their own corporate cards to make their own purchases. If someone needs a Conference Registration Fee paid a lot of times the Admin Unit can do so on their behalf via check, when given adequate notice. Airfare can be paid for via Connexxus. Hotels can be booked via Connexxus and paid for at check-out with Travel Advance funds. College Fairs must be paid for via FlexCard. This is why it is not ok to pay for other peoples' expenses with your corporate card.