Skip to content

Special resources and support for women are available through UCSB’s Women’s Center, which is located on the 1st floor of the Student Resource Building and can be reached by calling (805) 893-3778 or visiting A directory of community resources is available through the Santa Barbara County helpline (dial 211 or visit For additional support in challenging situations, you can make an appointment with a social worker at (805) 893-3087.

Women’s Center Bridge Over Troubled Waters Fund
The Women’s Center provides small emergency grants to women who are single student parents. Grant amounts vary. Students can receive this grant a maximum of one time per year. Maximum grant amount: Determined on a case-by-case basis. Turnaround time: Approximately 1-2 weeks. Required documentation: Application (to be picked up and completed after appointment with Assistant Dean of Students Kim Equinoa); student ID; supporting documentation as requested. How to apply: Contact Kim Equinoa at (805) 893-3858 to schedule an appointment. If you have general questions about this fund, you can call the Women’s Center office manager at (805) 893-3779.